What is C.T.I.S.?
The C.T.I. S. or Certified Title Insurance Specialist designation is a professional designation awarded by the Land Title of Association (LTAC) to those individuals who have completed classes, exams, and other requirements and display a thorough understanding of title insurance and closing information.
The C.T.I. S. Designation was developed by LTAC with the following objectives in mind:
- Recognized qualified persons with the designation of C.T.I.S.
- Promote and maintain higher standards in the title insurance profession,
- Promote greater pride in the title insurance profession
- Promote better relations between the title insurance and real estate industries, and
- Establish education standards for the title insurance profession.